In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The assault commenced with the firing of Rocket Propelled Grenades followed by indiscriminate firing.
- Although the gunners may have a restricted field of fire, the flash, smoke or dust from the weapon firing will not be seen from outside.
- There are no reports by any U.S. aircraft or any aircraft that we've been able to identify of any sighting of surface-to-air missile firings.
- The tests would include search and track scenarios, simulated and live missile firings, including day and night operations..
- Several of the weapons also tested positive for recent firing, officials said.
- The submerged firing of the missiles can be conducted in a single salvo while the submarine is moving at a speed of 5 knots.
- The Police ransacked the village, killed 20 persons in indiscriminate firing, and set fire to two busses.
- The time required to prepare the weapon for firing is less than 30 seconds, with a reload time of less than 20 seconds.
- Both got killed as they were climbing the third story, in the indiscriminate firing resorted to by the holed up terrorists hiding behind the haystack on the third storey of the house.
- Bomb blasts, targeted killings, and indiscriminate firing at places of worship speak of the poison of hatred injected into the body of our society by extremist elements.
- The principal weapon uses electronic firing to reduce reaction times.
- The second phase will include the helicopter's first firing of live missiles and is anticipated to be completed by August.
- Never try to shoot out an obstruction by loading another shell and firing!
- Gus let the gun spin down, its chain-circle already red hot from prolonged firing.
- Throughout the day, the sounds of firing and artillery can be heard.
- And ‘friendly fire’ was clearly invented to cover the embarrassment of firing on wrong people or targets.
- An Armament Control System manages weapons selection and firing and monitors weapon status.
- Desultory firing continued for two days amid fog, smokescreens, and increasing confusion, before the operation was eventually abandoned.
- Disabling firing hit the car in the right and front.
- The exercise includes live firing of weapons by many force elements.
2(of pottery)cocción feminine
- I then decided to fire in an electric kiln, followed by a second firing using briquettes as fuel.
- After the initial firing, the students glazed the clay hands.
- Then I turn the kiln up in the morning and complete the firing slowly.
- The company worked with brick manufacturers on firing processes that would achieve the right texture.
- Moisture makes the brick adaptable and impressionable, whereas the firing process dries the brick and sets it into a strong, structured, resistant object.
- Pottery, raku firing and photography will also be explored.
- Campers can use polymer clay for sculpting on the final day of camp sessions when the projected schedule does not permit conventional firing of ordinary clay.
- At the same time, potters developed luster glazes by adding metallic elements to the surface of the glazed piece before a second firing in the kiln.
- Dutch enthusiasm for the new material was particularly keen and by the seventeenth century, one kiln could produce over half a million bricks in a single firing.
- Following this initial firing, my students applied a clear glaze and I fired the dishes a final time.
- I then did an underglaze firing after the painting was finished.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.