In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(performance/book/athlete) de primera(performance/athlete/book) de primer orden(bore/idiot) de marca mayor
- The film is a delightful romantic and comedic concoction with a first-rate cast and excellent production values.
- But the writing and the direction are excellent, absolutely first-rate, and I cannot resist it.
- As a senior club, this was their second team, yet their hunger and quality was first-rate.
- Stop by for a drink before dinner and even come back afterwards to enjoy first-rate music and fine company.
- Construction throughout reflects first-rate craftsmanship and excellent attention to detail.
- Twenty first-rate musicians and singers perform on this album, adding colour, texture and contrast to the songs of the little Yorkshire lass.
- Visitors to an inn in the Langdale valley are being treated to some first-rate clarinet music by an accomplished European musician this summer.
- The presentation quality of the book is first-rate and technical errors are generally minor.
- I've seen more first-rate cinema in the past five weeks than I have in the past five years, and now I'm getting into the books as well.
- My fellow students and I had some first-rate teachers and two excellent and highly-respected heads.
- Institute faculty will, of course, play an important role in providing a first-rate, quality program.
- Simple, rustic meals, focusing more on quality ingredients, such as first-rate olive oil.
- The quality is first-rate and orders are processed quickly.
- After customer satisfaction, be sure to leave a first-rate impression about the quality of your company.
- If you want a bit of class, golf, first-rate diving and hurricane parties, think mid-Atlantic.
- The image quality on this disc from Warner Brothers is first-rate.
- The texture quality is first-rate, creating highly detailed objects, environments and vehicles.
- She has great reserves of iron ore, although mostly not of first-rate quality.
- It included two first-rate composers and several excellent performers.
- His mathematical work, though not large in quantity, was first-rate in quality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.