In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1primeros auxiliosto give first aid — prestar los primeros auxilios
- first-aid station / post — puesto de primeros auxilios
- Afterwards, Kathy apologised to the shocked producer who allegedly required first-aid treatment on the wound left by the bite.
- Included in the campaign plan is first-aid assistance to injured victims.
- At the hospital, doctors will continue first-aid measures and protect the damaged skin with dressings.
- I keep it in my first-aid kit and medicine chest; it is harmless and could help in many stressful situations.
- CPR certification is good for one year and first-aid certification is good for three years.
- He and Ward broke into 40 more hotel rooms to make more space for the wounded before Ward went out to search for first-aid equipment.
- The bleeding stopped in less than a minute, though standard first-aid attempts had not worked.
- Children would also learn to perform basic first-aid techniques and take responsibility for risky situations.
- No staff member had first-aid training and there was an unregistered nurse available for only three hours per day.
- Never mind the golf bags that come with pocket watches, first-aid kits and GPS systems.
- Keep medications, water, snacks, maps, an emergency kit and first-aid supplies in the vehicle.
- Many have emergency oxygen and first-aid kits, and have undertaken the relevant training.
- Similar boxes are available from first-aid kit suppliers, and would work fine.
- The first-aid people escorted my mother to an army medical van to see if she needed stitches.
- The conference was full four days of competitions, first-aid seminars and meeting up with other campus first-aid teams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.