1pueblos indígenas del Canadá
- I spent the first months meeting people and listening to our 11 First Nations communities.
- Everyone recognizes that the Assembly of First Nations is an unwieldy organization in dire need of reform.
- Since when were the First Nations of Canada homogenous, or even similar?
- The balance of power between colonial interests was controlled by the First Nations until the American civil war.
- Specific claims arise when the federal government breaches its agreements with First Nations.
- He will not quibble about the cost of this process because Canada owes First Nations more than it can ever repay.
- This action by the minister to silence us is an ominous sign for all First Nations organizations in Canada.
- The report also stated that Canada has tried to fit all First Nations into the same box.
- One of the problems with our education has been the government's approach to First Nations communities.
- I am a final year Australian law student and I've come to Canada for my final semester to study First Nations law.
- She was the first First Nations woman in Canada to obtain a law degree.
- There is disagreement within the First Nations community about that.
- Unlike many First Nations people in Canada, the Inuit have always given Canada the benefit of the doubt.
- The Six Nations councillor representing a B.C. First Nation raised his hands and remained in his chair.
- It is time a party began to work towards settlement with the First Nations people of Canada.
- It is the largest First Nation community in Manitoba, with an on-reserve population of approximately 3,065 residents.
- Canada holds in trust a little over a billion dollars that belongs to the First Nations communities.
- Talks between the First Nation and the federal and provincial governments broke off in 1995.
- Frequently they do it from an office far from the First Nation and rarely visit the community, often only twice-monthly to deliver cheques.
- This respect should be expanded to embrace all aspects of First Nations culture within North America.