In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US Army, Marines)sargento primero masculine
- As the battalion attempted to overcome its challenges, battery commanders and first sergeants had some of their own.
- Commanders and first sergeants used several methods to overcome this problem.
- Her gaining unit was notified, and the first sergeant arranged to have her transported the rest of the way.
- All command sergeants major, first sergeants and first line leaders of each command are responsible for the program.
- The team, made up of one major, four captains, one lieutenant, one first sergeant, and three sergeants first class, began the arduous task of preparing the foreign soldiers for combat.
- I know commanders, supervisors, and first sergeants are actively working to prevent mishaps.
- Commanders and first sergeants, you have to be firm when it comes to making platoons and squads rehearse their battle drills.
- We did not have any combat arms soldiers to conduct our convoys, except for the first sergeant, executive officer, and commander.
- As a body, our platoon sergeants and first sergeants are so talented, proficient and self-confident that, more than ever, new lieutenants can be intimidated.
- The first sergeant and the company commander should do a joint reconnaissance and assessment of the viability of the site.
- He was the acting first sergeant for the postal platoon at Camp Able Sentry and said this was his second deployment.
- Speak with your unit commander and first sergeant.
- We were short of personnel such as commanders, first sergeants, supply, nuclear, biological and chemical, etc.… and equipment to operate these sections.
- Conditions are further complicated by unit commanders and first sergeants not being full-time and by all having to get caught up during weekend training.
- The company first sergeant is executing logistics functions, but may also be reporting on a company shaping effort.
- It was family ties that prompted Erica, a technical sergeant, and her husband, Kevin, a master sergeant and first sergeant, to place Grand Forks at the top of their dream sheet.
- Battalion commanders and command sergeants major, as well as company commanders and first sergeants, are absolutely capable of evaluating their soldiers.
- We assembled drill sergeants, company commanders, and first sergeants and executed leader training on each aspect of the warrior challenge.
- Three to five platoons form a company, which is commanded by a captain with a first sergeant as the commander's principal Non Commissioned Officer assistant.
- They interfere with experienced convoy, platoon, squad leaders and first sergeants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.