- And the fisherfolk always hope for a good catch.
- A generation or two ago, fisherfolk may have felt humility, possibly even religious stirrings, in the face of a storm.
- This is also true of innocent fisherfolk from both countries who regularly stray into each other's territorial waters and are detained for two, five, 10 years.
- Next to the tourist sectors, the fisherfolk have been particularly badly hit.
- It was also fortunate that the annual movement of herring round the coast worked greatly to the advantage of fisherfolk, giving opportunities for catches everywhere at some time of the year.