In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2.1(in UK, industry)industria pesquera femininepesca femininethe Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food — el Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y Alimentación
- The village is typical of many of those on the west coast: a small community struggling against declining fishery.
- The provisions of the act do not apply to state aids extended to agriculture, fishery or the defence industry.
- The meeting was told that most of the nets being stored were bought during the tuna fishing years but that fishery is now all but gone as far as the local fleet is concerned.
- The value of fish and fishery commodities export earnings in 2003 is in excess of 27% of total export earnings.
- In addition, various governments have sought to improve agro-industry and fishery production, but success has been limited.
- The fact that whaling is now the most closely scrutinised marine fishery in the world is a further guarantee to sceptics that the mistakes of industrial whaling will never be repeated.
- And it is hoped that, once the current objective has been achieved, it will create the necessary political pressure for the Irish government to take steps to phase out their own drift net fishery.
- The Government argued today that shutting down Australia's profitable tuna fishery and export industry would be reckless.
- It expands the data collected to represent all farmer and fishery cooperatives and publishes preliminary findings.
- He said that fish and fishery products were important commodities in the region as a source of high quality protein, employment and income.
2.2(area, industry)pesquería feminine
- A good few fish remained in the fishery, and the total catch for the week was 14.
- Anyone wishing to take part should contact the fishery for a chance to catch a tagged fish worth £1000.
- Accomplished anglers can move to the heart of the action in the Savage River, a tailwater fishery and catch-and-release trophy area.
- There is no doubt in my mind that having some anglers on a fishery can make the fishing easier.
- As the ship tore through the defenseless nurseries, its propellers caught the fishery ropes and dragged the nurseries in its wake.
- Talking to locals on the fishery there is no shortage of coarse fishing in the area.
- About 500 salmon are caught every year at the fishery where a day's fishing can still yield fantastic results.
- Conservationists are planning to build an artificial reef to bring a once-prolific in-shore fishery wiped out by trawlers back to life.
- It was one of the first fisheries to practice catch and release.
- I first fished this fishery when on holiday in Falmouth.
- In the scallop fishery, catches have been good but the prices paid to fishermen are very low.
- Pairs of vessels patrol the fishery with large trawl nets slung between them that catch everything in their path.
- None of this will be good for the fish, the fishery, or the fishing communities of Nova Scotia.
- Timing the trip can be critical, especially in areas with seasonal fisheries.
- It owns a fishery and fishing lakes, water skiing, sailing lakes, golf, tennis and a health and fitness club.
- Lobster can live as long as 70 years, but the lobster caught by the inshore fishery are generally 5 to 20 years old.
- The present rate of expansion of deep sea fisheries though gives us very little time to act.
- There is no catch and release allowed at the fishery and fishing must cease once the limit is reached.
- In the crab fishery, it was catches up but prices down.
- It still is hard to understand that no salmon have yet been caught at the fishery so far this season.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.