1bomba atómica femininebomba de fisión (nuclear) feminine
- The bomb was a fission bomb, created by the disintegration of plutonium 239 mixed with uranium 235.
- Therefore, a single fission bomb, using nuclear energy, might destroy a whole city.
- This new, hollow design used less uranium and more plutonium and created a more powerful explosion as well as a smaller, lighter fission bomb.
- Hydrogen bombs (H-bombs) promised yields measured in megatons rather than the kilotons of fission bombs.
- Whether terrorists could obtain the requisite weapons design expertise to manufacture a fission bomb (or to decode the elaborate safety devices of an illegally obtained one) is uncertain, although they may have tried to do so.