In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Clothingprobador masculineprobadora feminine
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- We were met by the costume fitter inside and it was there, in the costume room that my ideas of how a studio should be began to be realised.
- It's best to chose a few different bras in your measured size and ask a trained fitter to check which one gives you the best support and shape.
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
(mechanic)masculine mecánicofeminine mecánicamasculine operariofeminine operariamasculine plomero Latin Americafeminine plomera Latin Americamasculine fontanero Spainfeminine fontanera Spainmasculine gásfiter Chilemasculine gasfitero Perufeminine gasfitera Perumasculine obrero Britishfeminine obrera British
- The workers, including electricians, fitters and welders, are demanding that the company substantially increase its latest 3.5 percent pay offer.
- They included a pipe fitter, a nursery worker, a writer, a nurse and a computer programmer, among others.
- Every company asks me where to find extra engineers, extra welders, extra fitters and turners, extra builders, and extra electricians.
- He is a mechanical fitter by trade and he hopes to return to working on the railways.
- Jack had been a kitchen fitter working for a large company for several years before deciding to set up on his own building and fitting kitchens to order.
- The dispute involves 16 diesel fitters who work on engines for ships and power stations.
- If this means that there are going to be more carpenters and electricians and fitters and welders available for work, then it has to be a great idea.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
- The strike involves some 350 drivers, fitters and support staff.
- We immediately need ten new people and we have advertised in vain for sheet metal workers, fabricators, electricians and pipe work fitters.
- Most of the customers only discovered that the company had gone out of business after fitters failed to turn up to install their fireplaces.
- Some 20,000 steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders across Britain could strike over pay.
- A surprising finding was the increased relative risk in electrical fitters and telephone installers.
- Picked at random, washing machine repairers, drainage specialists, boiler fitters and aerial technicians visited the ordinary looking house in a suburban street.
- He believed his son, a mechanical fitter, had a secure future.
- Pipe fitters, electrical and sheet metal workers, brick masons and ironworkers were reported to have honored picket lines at the stadium worksite.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- A month ago, his Edinburgh branch was issuing a press release trumpeting the fact that 46 of those made redundant there had found retraining as gas central heating fitters.
- Meanwhile, the welders and vessel fitters were working long hours for a pittance - all the while being charged $50 per month for their board.
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.