- They realized that the store needed to evolve to meet the needs of modern consumers, and so in 1986, Chesterton's hometown five-and-dime metamorphosed into a craft store.
- ‘We lost most of our merchandise in the fire, and there was little that we could save,’ he said, adding that he had a five-and-dime store prior to the fire.
- The ceramics and glassware made for these changing fashions in eating and drinking were available in a wide range of prices and could be purchased in department stores or the newly popular five-and-dime stores.
- The building, at 151-153 Main Street, was formerly a five-and-dime store.
- Sam Walton reinvented logistics, turning a five-and-dime into Wal-Mart Stores Inc, which draws almost 140 million shoppers a week.
- The bailiff was dressed in dark navy blue, his only marks of authority a silver badge pinned above his left breast and a pair of handcuffs, both of which looked like they could have been purchased at a five-and-dime.
- The building they chose was originally a five-and-dime store and most recently a jewelry wholesaler.
- Noted children's book author/artist Demi became curious about Buddhism at the age of 3, when she bought a statue of Buddha at a five-and-dime store.
- ‘After I opened, the theater, the hardware store, the five-and-dime, and the restaurant all closed,’ she says.
- One of my nicest memories was going to the five-and-dime with my mother.
- ‘I want to be a bus conductor and open my own five-and-dime store with my savings,’ he said.
- She had stopped in at the five-and-dime to get cleaning supplies.
- ‘This was at his original five-and-dime store on the square,’ he recalls.
- For example, why not stop in at the five-and-dime and buy regular items - colorful string, or a Plexiglas box - and ask your artists to create something holiday-themed in their own individual way?
- In addition, ‘a lot of five-and-dime stores have wooden or plastic massage devices - they're easy to keep in your office.’