In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gaseosoefervescentecon gasfizzy water — agua mineral con gas feminine
- Orange squash, fizzy drinks, beer etc were all produced in bottles made of glass.
- If you've been drinking an excess of alcohol and fizzy drinks, your body will be thankful for some water.
- I generally don't agree with the belief that you can drink fizzy wine with food, but I will make an exception for Lambrusco.
- You should be aiming to drink two to three litres of water every day and reduce your intake of alcohol, caffeine and fizzy drinks because these can be dehydrating.
- Up to 348 million litres of fizzy drinks were sold in the year to May, an 11% rise on the previous year.
- With regard drinks, I increased my water intake to about 2 or 3 litres a day and juices replaced fizzy drinks.
- Children who consume fizzy drinks once a day or more are twice as likely to suffer tooth erosion than those who consume such drinks less than once a day.
- The only choices for children were cheap fizzy pop or water.
- Unlike the bubbles in your fizzy drink, though, each of these bubbles would carry on expanding, until all the fluid had gone and only bubbles remained.
- The modern trend for drinking sweet tasting, exotically flavoured fizzy drinks with a very high alcohol content is not particularly new.
- People choose to spend money on junk food, sweets and fizzy pops.
- Avoid drinks at bedtime that increase urine production, including those containing caffeine, acidic juices and fizzy drinks.
- There are plates of biscuits and bottles of fizzy drink and tea and coffee is also being served.
- Carbonated alcoholic drinks, or spirits mixed with fizzy drinks can also affect how fast alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream.
- I'm the one eating dinner on his own with a notepad and a glass of fizzy water.
- Huge chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, luscious cakes and tempting sweets are in every shop.
- Take small sips of peppermint, ginger or camomile tea, or a fizzy drink like ginger ale (cold rice water is also effective).
- Strain into fizzy drink bottles, making sure you screw the cap on tight.
- The media is constantly beaming attractive advertisements about junk food and fizzy drinks, if not chocolates and ice cream.
- Sweets, chocolate and fizzy drink machines are banned in the school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.