In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Nauticalbuque insignia masculine
- This is not just for New Zealand flagships; it is for international flagships.
- Cornwall is due to hand over her flagship duties to sister ship HMS Campbeltown in October.
- Aboard his flagship, he stared coldly out the window as the vessel slowed to a halt.
- One of the most famous names in RN history has bowed out, handing over the title of the nation's flagship to her sister.
- As the flagship of Admiral Lord Howe, she played an important part in the early stages of the war with France.
- He was supposed to be on a flagship or at least one of the larger ships of the fleet.
- Thai Marines and Naval units took him prisoner and held him aboard the flagship.
- The titanic shapes of the flagship Nelson and her twin, the Rodney, dominated the view.
- Both Dutch flagships and nine other ships were taken during a 2 ½ hour action, more than half their force.
- Just approaching the warship sends a shiver down the spine of the anybody with a sense of history, as she looks every inch the flagship in her prime.
- The flagship of the Russian Pacific fleet visited Shanghai late last year.
- The destroyers have also been fitted with command and control facilities that allow them to serve as flagships for Canadian or allied task groups.
- The flagship of the fleet, it leaves all others trailing in its wake.
- It is the flagship of the fleet and is very large, you'll soon come to realize.
- Warburton-Lee was killed, his flagship had to be beached, two other destroyers were damaged, and a third was sunk.
2(showpiece)masculine producto banderamasculine programa bandera(publication/store/product) bandera
- It now only has the flagship Regent Street store left, which is valued at £19.6m.
- Plans are already afoot to extend the product range and open the label's first flagship Berlin store this year.
- A flagship London store opened last September, and there are plans to open six more stores worldwide this year.
- Due to legal reasons I cannot divulge the name of this flagship product.
- The Italian label, which has just opened a new London flagship store, really does make some of the best outerwear around.
- Its flagship store in Princes Street recently hired a new manager.
- A flagship Glasgow store would be a snub to Edinburgh which had harboured dreams of attracting the company.
- The sale of Bradford's flagship department store could become a positive opportunity for the city, it was claimed today.
- One of the key things that has worked in the firm's favour over the years is owning the flagship store at 87 George Street.
- Johnson was innovative enough to create product extensions of his flagship brand.
- One of the joys of the flagship store in Freeport, Maine is that it is open 24 hours.
- This is supposed to be their flagship bill, but press reports have suggested they might lose the vote.
- Perfume houses take very great care to ensure that the ingredients of their flagship products are kept under wraps.
- The Welcome Centre is considered by other major funders as a flagship organisation.
- The power bike's a flagship product, the kind of thing that could support a whole company.
- Her current assignment is getting the new flagship store up and running well in time for Christmas.
- The design of the store will be closely modelled on the company's flagship store in Oxford Street.
- We have been launching our flagship products in India for a long time.
- The company may also set up separate flagship stores for its brands to further the aim of brand identity.
- It said the opening of its flagship store would be followed by an expansion throughout the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.