In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His eclectic work was written in 1945 and makes use of various styles such as cabaret, jazz and flamenco.
- Picasso frequently played flamenco on the weathered guitar - until the man who taught him how to play asked the artist to pay up for his services.
- Tracing a melodic line from flamenco to raga, it's a subtly modulated burst of Hindu-lusian passion.
- While they're used to working with an accompanist, in flamenco the relationship is more interactive.
- It's been referred to as world music, flamenco, Spanish guitar, folk, etc, so how would you categorise it?
- Like the blues, born out of slavery, flamenco is more than music, it's an expression of Cortes's cultural heritage.
- Elements of flamenco, indigenous folk music, and contemporary harmonic complexity run through Kaufman's work.
- You do pick up a lot about flamenco as Webster learns guitar from intense Juan, who dresses in red and lives in a red apartment.
- Music runs from funky flamenco to lively acid jazz, and the sheer glamour of the design will make you think you're in a movie.
- If you haven't investigated Latin folk, flamenco or jazz guitar before, this group is a wonderfully pure introduction.
- Lazily strummed blues to nervous flamenco in one short guitar solo.
- The virtuoso has further plans to explore ways of blending flamenco with classical music.
- Their dialectic is a reminder that flamenco is foremost an improvisational music, and in the hands of Morente and her collaborators remains a living, breathing tradition.
- The pairing of a veteran Cuban pianist with one of the rising stars of flamenco on a selection of Cuban and other Latin American standards seems to be a case in point.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.