In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Railwaysfeminine pestañafeminine cabeza
- Saturn engineers initially viewed the pinch-weld flanges beneath the rocker panels as an excellent place to trim weight.
- Beam flanges became the rail for the trolley rigs but the beams also supported damaged roof arches during their restoration.
- Attach the remaining short flange, then flip the flanges right side up and press along the seams.
- He explained that a tie joist is on the column line with both flanges attached, contributing to the stiffness of the frame.
- Tiffs grease is applied to the rail curves or train wheels to reduce noise and wear on wheel flanges.
- The hulls and decks are joined on an inward flange and are securely bolted together through an aluminum toe rail.
- The hull and deck is joined at an overlapping flange with sealant and bolts on 12-inch centers.
- It now sports a mismatched set of pony wheels, after a flange on a previous pair let go.
- Grab bars usually are attached to the wall by flanges, each with three screws.
- The deck and hull are through bolted on an inward flange and structural knees and bulkheads are securely attached.
- Finally, they lay mesh over the flanges, position it above the plywood forms, and cast concrete on top.
- Some package designs, particularly those incorporating centrally located flanges or reclosable lids, require forming of the top web in addition to the bottom web.
- To ease rolling it around, the wheels have no flanges.
- However, at the building's lower levels, the flanges are pointed inward to prevent accidental damage.
- Position the floor flange so that the underside of the flange is at the level of the finished floor.
- So, the notion of fireproof expanded to include noncombustible materials that did not conduct heat, which could distort flanges or other crucial components.
- He also notes, ‘We went from a flat flange to a tough design with a specified insertion force with very tight tolerancing.’
- Further forward, the wreck is flat to the seabed, just a few curved plates rising above the sand, some with flanges and valves projecting.
- Humble dressmaker details, such as self-welting and a flat flange, are simpler than fussy ruffles.
- The derailment had happened when the flange of a wheel struck one half of a broken fishplate - a metal plate which holds sections of track together.
2Technology Buildingmasculine rebordeala
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.