In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Railwaysfeminine pestañafeminine cabeza
- To ease rolling it around, the wheels have no flanges.
- Grab bars usually are attached to the wall by flanges, each with three screws.
- However, at the building's lower levels, the flanges are pointed inward to prevent accidental damage.
- Position the floor flange so that the underside of the flange is at the level of the finished floor.
- The hulls and decks are joined on an inward flange and are securely bolted together through an aluminum toe rail.
- Tiffs grease is applied to the rail curves or train wheels to reduce noise and wear on wheel flanges.
- The deck and hull are through bolted on an inward flange and structural knees and bulkheads are securely attached.
- The hull and deck is joined at an overlapping flange with sealant and bolts on 12-inch centers.
- Saturn engineers initially viewed the pinch-weld flanges beneath the rocker panels as an excellent place to trim weight.
- He explained that a tie joist is on the column line with both flanges attached, contributing to the stiffness of the frame.
- He also notes, ‘We went from a flat flange to a tough design with a specified insertion force with very tight tolerancing.’
- Finally, they lay mesh over the flanges, position it above the plywood forms, and cast concrete on top.
- Further forward, the wreck is flat to the seabed, just a few curved plates rising above the sand, some with flanges and valves projecting.
- The derailment had happened when the flange of a wheel struck one half of a broken fishplate - a metal plate which holds sections of track together.
- Some package designs, particularly those incorporating centrally located flanges or reclosable lids, require forming of the top web in addition to the bottom web.
- Humble dressmaker details, such as self-welting and a flat flange, are simpler than fussy ruffles.
- Attach the remaining short flange, then flip the flanges right side up and press along the seams.
- It now sports a mismatched set of pony wheels, after a flange on a previous pair let go.
- So, the notion of fireproof expanded to include noncombustible materials that did not conduct heat, which could distort flanges or other crucial components.
- Beam flanges became the rail for the trolley rigs but the beams also supported damaged roof arches during their restoration.
2Building Technologymasculine rebordefeminine ala
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.