In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Computingmemoria flash feminine
- In the past two quarters alone, we shipped almost as many megabytes of flash memory as in the prior fifteen years combined.
- We present new products, including controllers, flash memory and conventional hard drives of various sizes.
- It uses flash memory to provide nonvolatile storage, which means that a power source is not required to retain stored data.
- While flash memory is certainly useful, rotating storage proved to be a more interesting storage story.
- Its low power consumption and light weight make flash memory ideal for mobile devices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.