In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paquete plano masculinebefore noun flat-pack furniture — mueble embalado en paquete plano masculine
- In five hours we constructed from the flat-pack a dining table, 2 dining chairs, and most of a chest of drawers.
- Partly it's because you can pick up bargains, but it's also because it provides a welcome alternative to high-street sameness and flat-pack furniture.
- The deputy prime minister today refused permission for the Swedish flat-pack furniture giant to open a £30m superstore close to the M60 at Portwood in Stockport.
- It anticipates the screams of frustration up and down the land of men wrestling with identical flat-pack furniture.
- It is the second time the Swedish flat-pack furniture giant has turned to the courts over its proposed store, blocked earlier this year.
- Assembling your own furniture from flat-pack can be rewarding, but is often frustrating.
- Isn't it nice that he turned to taking over the world via flat-pack furniture instead?
- They quickly started to specialise in flat-pack furniture, selling by mail order.
- Initial delivery didn't take long, but try calling to report damaged parts of a flat-pack and then the problems begin.
- That is, we're finishing off the last of the home renovations, and are about to start acquiring flat-pack baby furniture.
- In an age where flat-pack furniture reigns supreme, it comes as a relief to find that you don't always have to make your own bed.
- The most common call-outs are for drilling expertise to hang pictures, mirrors and notice-boards, carpentry such as assembling flat-pack furniture and electrical jobs.
- The weekend was a positive blur of flat-pack furniture purchasing, followed by hours of puzzling self-assembly at home.
- There were handbag throwing competitions for boys, and flat-pack assembly competitions for the girls, as well as tea and cakes at the bandstand.
- Hang pictures etc., fix shelves, and put together flat-pack furniture.
- Today's chic homeowner will settle for nothing less than a flat-pack prefab.
- Directors are expected to point to cost savings and the success of their promise to undercut competitors by 30% with their self - assembly flat-pack products.
- With 24 hours to go, our flat-pack kitchen was hastily assembled.
- ‘You do realise that it means the house is going to be filled with cardboard boxes again,’ I asked, thinking of all the packaging that comes with your flat-pack furniture.
- People are getting tired of mass-produced items and flat-packs that eventually fall apart.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.