In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Consequently no new patterns of flatware or hollowware were introduced by the leading makers, and after the war the companies resurrected old patterns.
- The team fashioned the biodegradable plastic into disposable flatware and plates that break down when composted.
- In 1961 she moved to Camden, Arkansas, where she created jewelry, hollowware, flatware, decorative wares, and personal accessories.
- We eat off beautiful porcelain flatware every night but we don't own a bed.
- When you pack flatware like plates, saucers, etc., wrap each item separately and then combine in groups of three.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.