In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gusano platelminto masculine
- The initial studies involved little flatworms called planaria that have a very primitive nervous system.
- Planarians are free-living flatworms, and have a much simpler life history.
- All the ponds hosted parasitic flatworms called trematodes.
- The cestodes, or tapeworms, differ in a number of ways from other flatworms.
- Among the earliest hunters, flatworms were simple but effective killing machines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.