In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pulga feminine(collar/powder) antipulgas
- Lice are wingless and they cannot jump, unlike fleas, but instead they spread through physical contact.
- It put poison in his blood that killed fleas after one bite.
- They're so plagued by lice, fleas, dander and mange that their coats are spotted with huge bald patches and pocked with weeping sores.
- He said that fleas can jump over two hundred times their own height.
- This parcel contained the fleas that caused the plague.
- Plague is transmitted by fleas that live on rodents.
- Fleas spread the bacteria between cats, although there is no evidence that fleas can transmit the disease to humans.
- If you have been bitten by fleas, mites, or bedbugs you may have an infestation in your home, such as on one or more of your pets, and should try to find the infestation and get rid of it.
- The disease is passed onto humans through fleas which jump from the rat when it dies.
- Plague mostly affected rodents, but fleas could transmit the disease to people too.
- In 2002, two Gardai sued the state after being bitten by fleas in Garda stations.
- In some cases we have learned that an insect can cause harm, such as when we're bitten by a flea or mosquito.
- In the end, I obeyed and fell into a comfortable sleep, ignoring the fleas that were jumping around me.
- Imagine my horror when I had invited the parents of a Japanese student staying with me and we were all bitten by fleas!
- Many things can lead to these hot spots including food and airborne allergens, ticks, fleas and other insect bites, and contact allergens like grass.
- It is passed from bunny to bunny by biting insects such as the flea and mosquito so prevention of these is important.
- When rats die from the plague, the fleas that lived on them must seek out new sources of blood.
- As he walked around the lounge his boots stuck to the floor and he became aware that he was being bitten by fleas.
- Unlike fleas, lice can't jump from person to person.
- We wished to avoid the constant and real threat of bedbugs, fleas, and other insect pests which we had brought home in our bags, topclothing, and soiled linens.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.