In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Stroller accessories such as rain, sun and wind shades and warm fleecy liners can keep your passenger toasty and dry.
- They're a great excuse to snuggle up in front of the telly wrapped in a fleecy blanket with a hot water bottle and a hot toddy.
- The attacker is described as a Caucasian male with pale skin, 15-18 years old, approximately six foot tall and wearing a faded dark fleecy sweater with a hood.
- I particularly like the feel of it when worn without the fleecy inner.
- Turn the ladies on by wearing these fleecy bedsocks.
- I was gasping for some air by that stage so I donned a fleecy jacket and took my wake-up coffee out to sit alongside Mr Rusty for a while.
- I pulled the zipper on my fleecy jacket right up to my neck and managed perfectly well but poor Graham shivered in a t-shirt and open denim jacket.
- A former Miss UK who traded her swimsuit for thermal underwear and fleecy jackets to compete in the world's toughest endurance challenge is keeping pace with the leaders after a slow start.
- I've got a big green fleecy pullover on, and I'm STILL cold.
- ‘You don't prepare,’ he says, as he dries off, zipping up his fleecy one-piece suit.
- Ian returns with a sweatshirt and sweatpants, fleecy and smelling of soap and faint cologne.
- So far, he enjoys digging up the fleecy blanket.
- A soft, fleecy blanket covered her body and she felt warm.
- I'm wearing a t-shirt, a shirt and a fleecy top and finding myself pigging out compulsively on carbs.
- I spent a chunk of this weekend buying fleecy jackets, socks and other warm/windproof items from hearty outdoors-y shops, and digging my hiking boots out of the bottom of the cupboard.
- Your clothing should be made from wool, cotton or fleecy synthetic fibres.
- With that, it was up with the zipper of the multi-layered fleecy coat and off to bed before lunchtime for what turned out to be seven hours straight sleep.
- One wore a pair of sky blue trainers with white laces and one wore a grey coloured fleecy sports hooded top.
- His blue fleecy top in particular was really soft.
- It was in Glasgow, in bed, in fleecy pyjamas - and, being 11 years old, he knew he was a bit of a latecomer to the children's classic.
2(clouds) algodonoso(clouds) aborregado
- The water around the boat is like molten gold, the black hills ahead of us back lit by yellow-white light and the sky is a rhapsody of fleecy cloud in blue, pink, red, grey and orange.
- Bill was carrying a pair of 7x50 binoculars, which gave him a closeup look at the rugged coastline with fleecy white clouds hovering over the mountain backdrop.
- When he emerges in an idealized landscape of verdant greens, the pristine surface of Luzu Lake mirrors the fleecy cumulus clouds and penetrating blue sky overhead.
- Blue sky, fleecy white clouds, buttercup fields, babbling streams - the works.
- Spring has sprung, and as the first flurries of fleecy lambs pranced giddily about the fields, we two-legged beasts took heart at the warmest March in 40 years by whipping off the layers.
- Down below, the pastoral green sun-drenched Czech landscape drifting slowly beneath fleecy white clouds - and countless menacing shells were bursting in between.
- Great fleecy clouds, floating across the azure sky, sent purplish shadows wandering in the valleys over which the road lay like a fragile ribbon of granite.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.