In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tripulación (de vuelo) feminine
- The company wants to cut the pay of 36,000 workers, including flight crew, cabin crew, engineers, administrative staff and ground staff.
- The Americans provide the medical crew and equipment while Australians supply the aircraft and flight crew, as well as medical personnel.
- Our flight crew had flown as a unit since August 1944 and we worked well as a team.
- And it's something that helps relieve some of the pressure that would otherwise be required of the flight crew to keep that aircraft stable.
- The two airline transport certificated flight crew members were fatally injured.
- The aircraft is manned by five flight crew and ten mission crew.
- Passengers must present photo identification to the flight crew before boarding.
- The aircraft is flown by two flight crew with between six and ten mission crew.
- On a long endurance mission the aircraft has a crew of 34, with 6 flight crew and 28 system operators.
- The aircraft flight crew included two pilots, a member of the aviation crew who served as a data recorder, and two primary observers, one on each side of the aircraft.
- The flight crew arrived from Miami on Thursday, 5 August, and high-speed taxi tests were completed later that same day.
- He said the flight crew didn't ask that the aircraft be de-iced, and that the last time he saw the airplane, there still was ice on the airframe.
- The flight across the Alps was described as ‘difficult’ by the flight crew.
- The wet lease, which will include the aircraft, flight crew and maintenance services, will initially last for three months.
- Notification of the closure had been included in the paperwork the flight crew received before departure.
- Sergeant Bradley hears over the radio that the flight crew is on its way.
- The passenger replaced the lid to trap the amphibian, and notified the flight crew.
- We had to cancel more than 200 flights due to aircraft and flight crew being out of place or exceeding their legal working hours.
- The flight crew reported a loss of engine power approximately six minutes after takeoff.
- In the event of an actual airline incident the direction of airline flight crew, pilots and/or air marshals should be followed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.