In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tripulación (de vuelo) feminine
- Our flight crew had flown as a unit since August 1944 and we worked well as a team.
- The company wants to cut the pay of 36,000 workers, including flight crew, cabin crew, engineers, administrative staff and ground staff.
- In the event of an actual airline incident the direction of airline flight crew, pilots and/or air marshals should be followed.
- On a long endurance mission the aircraft has a crew of 34, with 6 flight crew and 28 system operators.
- We had to cancel more than 200 flights due to aircraft and flight crew being out of place or exceeding their legal working hours.
- He said the flight crew didn't ask that the aircraft be de-iced, and that the last time he saw the airplane, there still was ice on the airframe.
- The aircraft is manned by five flight crew and ten mission crew.
- The Americans provide the medical crew and equipment while Australians supply the aircraft and flight crew, as well as medical personnel.
- The flight crew arrived from Miami on Thursday, 5 August, and high-speed taxi tests were completed later that same day.
- The aircraft is flown by two flight crew with between six and ten mission crew.
- The two airline transport certificated flight crew members were fatally injured.
- The flight across the Alps was described as ‘difficult’ by the flight crew.
- Notification of the closure had been included in the paperwork the flight crew received before departure.
- The flight crew reported a loss of engine power approximately six minutes after takeoff.
- The aircraft flight crew included two pilots, a member of the aviation crew who served as a data recorder, and two primary observers, one on each side of the aircraft.
- The wet lease, which will include the aircraft, flight crew and maintenance services, will initially last for three months.
- The passenger replaced the lid to trap the amphibian, and notified the flight crew.
- Sergeant Bradley hears over the radio that the flight crew is on its way.
- And it's something that helps relieve some of the pressure that would otherwise be required of the flight crew to keep that aircraft stable.
- Passengers must present photo identification to the flight crew before boarding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.