In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ejercicio de suelo masculine
- But he tumbled several high double layouts on floor exercise, and caught both a Kolman and layout Kovacs on high bar.
- She also placed seventh on floor exercise and eighth on vault.
- At the World Cup finals last December, she placed second on uneven bars, fifth on balance beam and sixth on floor exercise.
- Dressage is a mixture of extreme gymnastics and ballet - a bit like the floor exercise in Olympic gymnastics.
- Tankushev said Nikolina has added more difficulty to her floor exercise routine.
- Men's floor exercise, high bar, parallel bars, and women's vault and balance beam will be contested tomorrow.
- Since then, he has been regularly performing floor exercise, pommel horse, parallel bars, horizontal bar and roman rings at competitive levels.
- On floor exercise, Chusovitina performed a full-out one night and a double layout another night.
- However, Romania roared back after strong performances on the balance beam and floor exercise.
- She also placed first in the all-around and on vault, second on balance beam and floor exercise, and fourth on uneven bars.
- They certainly don't add a shred of artistry to a floor exercise.
- That year she placed fifth all-around, first on floor exercise, second on balance beam and third on vault.
- In gymnastics, the floor exercise was her favorite discipline.
- I had hoped to be able to train in power tumbling, because the tumbling surface is not as hard on the ankles as beam and floor exercise.
- Romania's Catalina Ponor, the top balance beam and floor exercise finalist, scored a 9.750 in the final floor exercise routine to win Olympic gold on her 17th birthday.
- Guard Young set the tone for the USA, opening the night's competition on the floor exercise and nailing his routine with a 9.7.
- She tied for fourth place all-around and won only one individual event medal - the bronze medal on floor exercise.
- On floor exercise one gymnast tumbled a double layout, two whips to double pike, and stuck full-in dismount.
- At a pre-Olympic training camp in Minsk, however, she broke her neck during a tumbling pass on floor exercise.
- In training two days later, her Achilles tore on the take-off for an Arabian double front on floor exercise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.