In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This time I went straight for the first floor show and managed to catch it right from the beginning -which is no mean feat when it's 45 minutes long.
- We are offering that service with an added edge- a floor show they won't find anywhere else in the world.
- Like they'd been practising their own little contribution to the floor show for some time, the leader cantered off to the side and made space for two other riders to come forward.
- And for those on the top deck, the floor show had just begun.
- I'll treat you to lunch at Milliways, we'll even stay for the floor show!
- This price includes a buffet breakfast, the use of the hotel's conference facilities, lunch, a gala dinner and a floor show.
- He had a real mean look in his eyes and both the cronies had turned round now to give me their full attention, the reflected floor show in the mirrors not letting them see enough.
- If the management had invested more in the floor show, it would help offset their major sin: mediocre pizza at exorbitant prices.
- Of course, 60 years ago $10 would cover a filet mignon or lobster dinner with drinks as well a floor show in a posh night club.
- Its live floor show roots ensure that it fulfils all camp requirements outrageously and effortlessly.
- So when the universe decides it's my turn there is almost certainly a cosmic gathering of monumental proportions that stands on the sideline and waits for the floor show.
- Nightly entertainment at hotels and clubs consists of a floor show of limbo dancing, folk dance, and live bands.
- But there is a floor show, where gaucho dancers in regional costumes dance in boots and spurs.
- You can order canapés, crab cakes, oyster and caviar and if you can take your eyes off the floor show and the gorgeous women on show, you may even have time to eat.
- Although their music can be a bit bland at times, they really put on a fantastic floor show.
- Unfortunately, by the time you read this, weather conditions and commercialism will have transformed Sonja Henie's former home away from home into an outdoor café. The frigid floor show reopens in mid-October.
- The Glynneath club featured a floor show, and one artist who had played there contacted me.
- Then there is the annual birthday party and floor show.
- He wondered if this was the beginning of the floor show, but shook his head in confusion.
- When all six feet of an irritated Amazon queen gets going, it's better than a floor show.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.