In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The park's current flora is analyzed by habitat and four plant communities are described and discussed.
- Bombs, mines, and other war material also contaminated land and water and damaged flora and fauna.
- If we think of flora of the fells at all it is often to appreciate their beauty.
- Also, some plant species may be over-represented in the fossil flora, because they grew on the lake margin.
- There is also a large number of highly varied indigenous flora species that are characteristic of low-altitude tropical forests.
- Further evidence of its interest and national importance comes from its role as a refuge for wetland flora.
- Admire the postcard views of city skyscrapers and the native Western Australian flora in the botanic gardens.
- Guidelines on how climbers can help protect flora and fauna have been published.
- The first was the incumbent wetland flora with origins in the early Carboniferous.
- The 10-minute show was a window to nature conservation and the need for protecting wild flora and fauna.
- Taking up water conservation works will make a fundamental contribution to protecting the flora and fauna in the forest areas.
- Wildlife cinematographers and researchers camp out in these houses to study flora and fauna.
- By altering fauna, aboriginal peoples might indirectly have affected the flora of many regions as well.
- Lichens thus dominate the Antarctic flora both in terms of species diversity and in terms of total biomass.
- The flora of this region is diverse and complex.
- He is particularly interested in studying the flora and fauna of the regions they plan to pass through.
- And how are these books documenting the flora actually used by people?
- Planting your garden with the flora of the region can also link it to the vista.
- One key aspect of the project was a rapid ecological evaluation of the park's flora and fauna.
- They indicated that Big Savannah was completely treeless and supported an unusually dense and rich herbaceous flora.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.