In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pattern/fabric/dress) floreadoa floral print — un estampado de flores
- To create a consistent floral pattern, draw one flower carefully and photocopy it several times.
- Zilkha did however produce a graceful match of polka dots and floral patterns in drop-waist dresses which will make for a very wearable ensemble when the sun comes back next spring.
- His creations include attractive-looking lampshades made of laminated and waxed paper, with dried flowers making for beautiful floral patterns.
- Shocking patterns, floral prints, butterfly in the collar, bias cut and chic fabrics make the simple wear charming.
- She walked like a zombie inside the house, up a set of stairs and into a small bedroom decorated with blue floral wallpaper and a bedspread to match.
- We were housed in one of the smallish but perfectly formed garden rooms, tastefully decorated in a floral theme with cosy en suite bathroom.
- In the background is an elaborately decorated miniature floral royal Thai boat.
- The walls are decorated with floral pictures while the day room is blue and green.
- She glanced about the room again, taking in the large bed and dressers all decorated with the same floral pattern as the wallpaper.
- The walls were painted a beige tone with blue floral wallpaper decorating the top quarter.
- But at the end of the day, I laid my head on the tacky floral pattern of the motel pillow, and I missed Callum's silly babbling and baby cuddles.
- The brocade incorporates Chinese symbols such as the dragon, fusing Islamic motifs like vine and floral patterns with a distinctly Far-Eastern style.
- Traditional lamps lined the corridors and every department's entrance was decorated with floral designs.
- Small newspaper rolls stuck together, decorated with floral patterns are designed to bedeck refrigerators.
- Continually inspired by nature, Burton decorated many screens with floral sprays and more stylized organic designs.
- They were very solemn occasions during which the crowd, most of whom were wearing green ribbons, recited prayers for the dead and then decorated the cenotaph with floral wreaths.
- The vibrant colours of pink, blue and white, decorated with floral patterns, represented the arrival of spring.
- Four pillars stood in the centre: the altar was partitioned off with wrought iron grilles and the side walls were tiled in blue and white floral patterns.
- One is decorated in floral wallpaper and has an apple green picture rail while the second has large built-in floor to ceiling mirrored wardrobes.
- Together with floral patterns, stripes and dots, Sino gives a combination design of abstract and direct observation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.