In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arriate masculine Mexico Spainparterre masculine Spaincantero masculine River Plate Cuba
- The rear garden has a raised flower bed and gravel area which is suitable for al fresco dining.
- The flower bed in the front garden is being strangled by a vine-like weed that wraps itself around all my plants.
- If weeding a large flower bed, you can use a hoe, but take care not to damage the roots of the plants around them.
- Stewy was discovered just before midnight, in a flower bed in the garden of Shaz's house four miles away.
- It is hoped the new community garden will include a large flower bed and water feature.
- If you are planting a flower bed, at least make a rough map showing by location the colors and foliage types you'd like to display.
- After seeing pictures of red sedum with nice red blooms, I planted some in my front flower bed.
- One is in a flower bed, the other potted and in the house.
- The key to all this is picturing in your mind the flower bed in the spring when the only thing popping out are the bulbs you have planted.
- Use them to blanket a problem slope or fill a new flower bed in a hurry.
- If you're photographing a flower bed, look around.
- Your early-purchased tomato plants can be put into large containers, set into the ground in sheltered parts of the garden or even planted in the flower bed.
- But realizing that variety also creates interest, she decided to draw special attention to a recessed flower bed by changing her choice of mulch in that one garden.
- It softens the stone of the pathway and in the flower bed, acts as a living mulch - no more weeds to pull!
- While not particularly attractive for a flower bed, they work wonderfully in the vegetable garden.
- I've got some kitschy little garden ornaments in the flower bed.
- I have two camellia bushes that are very old and planted in the flower bed by the front porch.
- A ten percent germination rate can leave a lot of bare soil in a flower bed, or lead to a disappointment of broccoli.
- I planted the same plants at the other end of the flower bed and both pink and white varieties are doing fine.
- But in a perennial flower bed, you might want something more permanent and decorative.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.