In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gripe femininegripa feminine Colombia Mexico(symptoms/epidemic) de gripede gripa Colombia Mexicohe's got (the) flu — tiene gripe
- The last flu pandemic in 1968 caused one million deaths and the next is long overdue.
- The future of millions of people threatened by an outbreak of pandemic flu is in safe hands.
- Bear in mind that the viruses causing flu change annually and no two flu epidemics are identical.
- One cause for concern about Fujian flu is that this year's flu vaccine is based on a different strain.
- Many forms of flu and common colds originate in Asia and, in particular, in China.
- With avian flu, we are still debating what is the most humane manner to get rid of millions of chickens.
- There is an increase in respiratory ailments, flu and accidents due to the bad weather.
- My body was telling me I needed a rest because I had flu after flu after flu through the summer.
- Treatment of colds, flu, sore throats, hay fever and other allergies may also help.
- In the early stages, signs and symptoms can be similar to many other more common illnesses like flu.
- Symptoms of bird flu are similar to human flu and it cannot be detected without lab tests.
- You may think that illness from colds or flu should only happen in colder countries but it is not so.
- A cold or flu may also spread to the lower respiratory tract to cause a cough.
- There is an increased risk of injury from falls and people are more prone to seasonal illnesses like flu.
- The last major flu pandemic in 1918 killed tens of millions of people in Europe alone.
- He also has chronic flu most likely caused by a feline herpes infection when he was young.
- Tyson pulled out of the contest on Monday saying he was suffering from flu and a stomach illness.
- In the early stages symptoms can be similar to many other winter illnesses like flu.
- It had found another boy whose meningitis had been misdiagnosed as flu and who was now brain damaged.
- By the time he had examined me, I was perfectly prepared to accept his diagnosis of flu.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.