In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Physics Technologyfluido masculinehydraulic/brake fluid — líquido hidráulico/de frenos masculine
- Large volumes of fluids may be infused, and these intravenous fluids should be warmed.
- The bakery owners later gave up their lease after it emerged that the liquid had in fact been body fluids from the two men.
- Kochin's research was on meteorology, gas dynamics and shock waves in compressible fluids.
- Replacing these lost fluids is essential if the body is to be kept in balance and dehydration avoided.
- Aim to drink at least half of your daily fluids as water and other hydrating fluids.
- The fluids that precipitated the veins were a likely source for some of the iron that formed the hematite.
- It can be used for febrile diseases where the heat is burning up the fluids of the body.
- What is known is that it secretes prostatic fluid, one of the five main fluids that make up semen.
- Gold can form soluble compounds with these substances and so the fluids will leach it out of rocks.
- I believe that by doing this it helps to drive all the vital fluids around the body.
- I was on a drip because obviously I had no fluids in my body, the only liquid was alcohol.
- These faults are presumably acting as pathways for the fluids involved in the formation of gas hydrates.
- Deep down within fluids or aquifers volatilization is not an important transport process.
- Intravenous fluids dramatically improved his condition and restored his body weight.
- The main benefit from drinking toast water would, however, be the replacement of body fluids.
- The main aim of the treatment is to replace the lost fluids and electrolytes in the body.
- However, Hepatitis B is easily transmitted by contact with blood and other body fluids.
- Detectives later confirmed that the stains had been caused by body fluids.
- He found that more ion-rich pore fluids caused an increase in angle of friction.
- After condensation, the fluids are drawn back to the areas that are in need of cooling.
2(in body)líquido masculinefluido masculine
3(liquid nourishment)líquido masculinehe's on fluids — está tomando solo líquidos
3(not stable or fixed)our plans are still very fluid — aún no hemos concretado nuestros planes
- the political situation is fluid — la situación política es muy incierta
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.