In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tubo fluorescente masculinetubolux masculine River Plate trademark
- The system is equipped with two fluorescent tubes emitting green light centered around 515 nm.
- Below the lenses and between each beam are a series of three shells - concave space frames that capture and diffuse the light emitted from the fluorescent tubes and the edges of the lenses.
- This same process allows a spark to flow between the conductors of a spark plug or a stun gun, and also carries electricity from one end to the other of a fluorescent tube.
- The unit measures approximately 30 inches by 24 inches by 7 inches externally and contains twelve 24 inch black light fluorescent tubes and 6 ballasts.
- ‘Well I thought it was really stupid for two people to fill a fluorescent tube with petrol, light it and then attempt to have a light saber fight,’ said Peemil.
- This pair recalls Dan Flavin's Minimalist installations in which fluorescent tubes shine their colored light from the rear.
- Seedlings were exposed to light from a single fluorescent tube during measurement only.
- They all have a pinkish/magenta hue and are designed to eliminate the greenish colour that fluorescent tubes and mercury-vapor street lights cast on daylight film.
- Light boxes are made up of a set of fluorescent bulbs or tubes generally encased in small, portable devices of plastic or aluminum.
- White light was obtained from fluorescent tubes.
- Another simple step is to replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs, which only use one-third the electricity and last 10 times longer.
- Hollywood Reporter felt that, ‘after a seductive start, it all becomes an empty swirl of smoke and mirrors - or, in this case, flickering fluorescent bulbs and icy glass’.
- In addition to retrofitting lights, ASC recycles fluorescent bulbs, which contain mercury, keeping about 750 bulbs a year out of landfills.
- Fruit were placed in an incubator maintained at 20°C with lighting from fluorescent tubes.
- Next comes a ‘healer’ from Malaysia who lights a fluorescent tube held in his hand, and draws evil from a patient's body by rolling an egg over the afflicted.
- The other way that we encounter light is in devices that produce light - incandescent bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, lasers, lightning bugs, the sun.
- The laboratory was illuminated with fluorescent tubes and lamps with 40 - W bulbs placed 30 cm above the floors of plastic arenas to give extra heat and light.
- And yet they are really concerned with scientism, the ideological disease; for these camps, science grows in laboratories and creates light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- The light intensity of fluorescent tubes is also measured and rated on another standardized scale called lumens.
- Bright fluorescent tube lights bathed him in a white glow and banished any shadows in the room, giving him plenty of detail to inspect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.