- In the bottomland forests and ravines along the river, look for a variety of warblers, including cerulean, blackburnian, and black-throated green warblers, as well as acadian flycatchers and hermit thrush.
- For the next many weeks, the Gulf Coast sky will be a constantly changing tableau of hawks and doves, vultures and vireos, flycatchers and hummingbird, warblers and waterfowl.
- Then there was the adrenalin rush of racing to see one very rare bird: a fork-tailed flycatcher, perched on a telegraph pole.
- Cedar waxwings, crows, finches, flycatchers, grosbeaks, grouse, jays, mockingbirds, pheasants, thrushes, vireos, and woodpeckers feed on their fruits.
- However, many small songbirds such as robins, thrushes, flycatchers and warblers migrate mainly during darkness, probably to avoid predators and to keep cool.