In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1BritishTransportpaso elevado masculinepaso a desnivel masculine Mexico
- Stealth bombers were reported to be in the air at one point, but were re-routed to do a flyover at the Rose Bowl game, which received a wonderful ovation.
- Saturday's memorial featured a flyover by World War II airplanes, music, speeches and a wreath presentation.
- We've done a number of flyovers with helicopters and will continue to do that.
- As Senator Mary Landrieu's helicopter was taking off for a flyover of the devastation, she watched as a group of people smashed a window at a gas station store and jumped in.
- A man in a blue FEMA windbreaker arrived to brief them on his helicopter flyover of the city.
- Erica swerved the car round a corner before stopping at the side of a flyover.
- Santa had also done a flyover in the Rescure helicopter.
- An American reconnaissance plane veers off course during a flyover and is shot down because its crew sees something they aren't intended to see.
- The lab was underground so flyovers haven't shown anything.
- I lived next to a U.S. Air Force base in north Georgia for two years and have seen many night flyovers with afterburners.
- Although Mr Boynes would love to be part of the flyover, he considers his attendance on the ground just as important.
- The solution they have gone for is flyovers that promise only to sweep Delhi's traffic problems from one area to another.
- Our commanding officer coordinated a flyover of the ship for us so the LSOs could shine a beacon on our nose gear and determine its condition.
- During a flyover of the park last year, McClure witnessed a number of bison carcasses lying in overgrazed fields.
- After the pair spotted a heavy weapon in a village during a flyover in a military helicopter, Smith carried back the coordinates to a Marine commander so the weapon could be destroyed.
- A full surround mix would have been nice, as there are a couple of 747 flyovers that, while sounding impressive in stereo, would probably tear off the roof in 5.1.
- The flyovers occur twice a year, before and after the summer rainy season.
- Did the daily surveillance plane flyovers spot it?
- For naval aircraft enthusiasts, four of the five Corsairs at Duxford got into the air for formation flyovers and individual passes.
- The military will be providing traditions, such as a 21-gun salute and a flyover of FA - 18 aircraft.
- We could do a flyover of the island with a shuttle, hoping the Curie's crew has someone looking out for rescue craft to signal.
2USAviationdesfile aéreo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.