In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desfile aéreo masculine
- It will enter the estuary at about noon and arrive in Hull two hours later, with a fly-past from RAF Tucano aircraft, from Linton-on-Ouse.
- The police helicopter and the air sea rescue helicopter both did fly-pasts.
- The Me 262 had to prove its value in actual combat as opposed to fly-pasts in front of an invited audience.
- Nearly 6,000 enthusiasts flocked to the Aviation Viewing Park to see the show and a fly-past by the RAF's Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, featuring a Lancaster bomber and Hurricane and Spitfire fighters.
- They have been seen at recent ceremonial fly-pasts here.
- Once again, the fly-pasts were conducted bang on schedule, with the aircraft circling overhead to the mounting excitement of the children.
- It will be followed by a fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Dakota, a display by pipers and a military salute.
- It will reach a peak with a fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, which includes a Lancaster bomber, a Hurricane and a Spitfire, during the weekend of July 5 and 6.
- The Red Arrows are due to perform a fly-past for the Queen at the opening ceremony.
- As part of the commemoration, the York branch of the Royal Air Force Association also staged a parade and there was a fly-past of nine Tucano aircraft from RAF Linton-on-Ouse.
- As she steamed in, the band of the Royal Marines played on the vessel's flight deck, while a fly-past by a Jaguar jet fighter and three helicopters gave her a warm welcome home.
- Aircraft from RAF Linton-on-Ouse are to conduct a fly-past at the funeral of a York-born man as a tribute to his devoted work at the Yorkshire Air Museum.
- The Hornets from No.75 Squadron conducted the fly-past en route to an exercise off the Perth coastline.
- The RAF has also agreed to stage a fly-past in a Sea King helicopter.
- The service included the unveiling of a commemorative plaque at Gurney Airfield and a fly-past by an F - 111 from No.6 Squadron.
- There was a fly-past by a C - 130 and a lone bugler played The Last Post.
- To commemorate the day, the PMG's helicopter squadron organised a fly-past of the headquarters in Loloho.
- A ceremonial fly-past was made by an RAF Chinook helicopter from RAF Odiham.
- Thousands of veterans are expected to attend the ceremony, which will include a fly-past and a military band, on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.
- He led the fighters in the victory fly-past over London.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.