In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(male) potro masculine(male) potrillo masculine(female) potranca feminine(female) potra feminine
- After a normal gestation period, the cloned foals are born.
- Less than half of the foals born survive through the first year.
- Then one day, he noticed that a mare, a stallion and a foal had crossed the fence into the park.
- He brought the pure white horses and their golden foals.
- The red brick school, the church wall, 21 Clydesdale horses and four foals watch impassively as progress rushes past.
- Make sure that foals are handled often and that young horses get plenty of fresh air and time out to play.
- She knew every one of them, from the youngest foal to Fenris' fearsome warhorse.
- I really hate it when there are tourists and they go up and stroke the horses, particularly the foals.
- Andrew has a dog called Chloe and two horses and a foal.
- The mares (up to five or six) of the stallion's subsequent conquests and their foals will fall into line accordingly.
- Whether you plan on keeping or selling the foal, breed for a horse with an agreeable character.
- She raised this horse from a foal and she loved him to pieces.
- She wheeled around quickly and saw a young boy, maybe 11, holding onto the reigns of a young foal.
- In summary, it appears that stomach ulcers are a common finding in foals and working horses.
- Most prepared diets for foals and young growing horses are extremely high in sugar.
- The entire tribe, excepting young foals and their mothers, was out, fighting.
- Similar to a paternity suit, the owners must prove they do not know which horse sired the foal.
- I might have one of his foals for my own horse, but that was a ways away.
- After producing a foal, her periods of estrus are more difficult to detect, and she remains with the father of her offspring.
- Most predation probably occurs on foals and elderly animals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.