In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The statement will acknowledge that the retail industry is changing and will stress the need for suitable locations to be found for large focal retailers.
- They have a new, contemporary edge and are being used as accents or on single focal walls in a room.
- At the 2002 World Cup he was focal to England's strategies.
- A focal outlet would also be set up in the Board for exploring the export possibilities for khadi products, adds Mr. Nandakumar.
- The headlight also has a convergent lens which is focused in the vicinity of the second focal region so as to project this light patch on the road.
- With this idea of perpetual motivation, the Internet has become the focal source/medium of the research.
- We performed region of interest analysis in two focal brain areas: the hippocampus and the temporal lobes.
- Dubey cuts the figures at the edges and at unusual angles to create focal interest in the compositions.
- Radical challengers have a hard time appearing inevitable or focal.
- The third plot while without a central focal character is the most important thread: the coming of the Second Boxer Rebellion in China.
- For comprehensive understanding, it is important to have focal and subsidiary awareness of ethical dilemmas.
- But we do intend to put something back that we can all be proud of to make a new focal centre of the village again.
- In the Maldives, the sea is the focal attraction - a perfect narrow crescent of a beach lapped by the lagoon-like Indian Ocean.
- But a better organizing principle - some kind of narrative or focal story, numbered points, whatever - would help us remember more.
- To date, most of the work in this area has focused on repurchase intentions as the focal dependent variable.
- Perhaps more important, excitation and photobleaching are limited to the focal region.
- The focal theme this time was ‘strategies for drought management and alternate cropping system in canal areas’.
- Hence, we repeated our analysis, splitting our data into whether the focal bird was dominant or subordinate.
- Combinations of these types, such as oblique faulting, are depicted by variations of these principal types of focal mechanisms.
- We focused our analysis on a focal population receiving migrants from an infinitely large number of populations.
- Huygens discovered the law of refraction to derive the focal distances of lenses.
- Residual longitudinal chromatic aberration introduces a focal shift for any wavelength variation.
- Such focal adjustability may not be available in phakic lenses for at least four years.
- Meduna identified six patients with focal seizures in whom the brain focus was surgically excised.
- There are now Bifocal lenses, a type of contact lens design that includes two focal areas: one for near, one for distance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.