1(of rays, waves)foco masculine
- An ellipse is a flattened circle whose properties are governed by two ‘foci’, or focal points, equidistant from its centre.
- This spreads the light away from the center of the lens and moves the focal point forward.
- The focal point is adjusted for a second different set of wavelengths of light.
- Each cell is shown at seven different focal points separated by 1-m distances in the z-axis (dist.).
- The lens that picks up the light from the focal point is called the eyepiece lens.
- Accommodative effort and retinal blur can be minimised by bifocal glasses, which change the focal point for near work.
2(center of attention, activity)centro masculinefoco masculine
- Wheeler's love and Bell's book are twin focal points for the enigmas of truth and semblance.
- This year, however, the two divergent focal points converged more seamlessly.
- It was a comparative analysis of the Legislature's performance with all its core sections being focal points.
- It seems the car park has become something of a focal point for young people to meet and play music from car stereos.
- The plane will be the focal point of a new static aircraft display which is expected to attract thousands of visitors when it opens in May.
- The festival is a focal point for moral reflection and being especially charitable to others.
- In this chapter, however, two approaches will be examined that treat language as their central focal points.
- They may serve either as the focal point of a piece of jewelry or as components of the overall design.
- It's the home of The Bandwagon, a night that has become a focal point for a new wave of Liverpool groups.
- Who assigns focal points to a given risk issue?
- They were all or nothing, the focal point of the whole three years of study.
- Norms can also impart a sense of identity and shared values which can provide a focal point to energize and revitalize the group.
- In the early twentieth century, the focal point of social interaction was the local market town.
- The focal point of the memorial is a circular emblem on the central pillar.
- This was one of the focal points of Central European modern dance just prior to, and during, the First World War.
- For three weeks, Meadowlands forms a focal point for soccer lovers across the social spectrum.
- For they were all eager to be the focal point of unification and centralization.
- The hotel has always been and will continue to be the central focal point in Robertstown.
- Such areas of prestige form focal points which transmit innovations into the surrounding hinterland.
- These marae are community focused and they provide a focal point for community action.