In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enemigo masculineenemiga feminine
- Their unprecedented public embrace confirmed the government was closing ranks against a common foe.
- We must present our case in such a way that we make our foes our friends and not make friends our foes.
- Each nation is a potential target whether or not they work together to defeat their common foe.
- The incident only shows that the Americans find nothing wrong in spying on both friends and foes.
- The faith itself has prospered beyond measure, beyond the imagination of friends and foes.
- This year there is a freshness about the game with rejuvenated forces challenging old foes.
- We often construe inter-state relations in terms of the metaphor of friends and foes, but misleadingly.
- It was notable the number of old friends and foes who attended her removal and funeral mass in Swinford.
- However, as friends and foes alike have pointed out, Charles cannot claim to be an expert in all of his areas of interest.
- Having rejoined the world, the Russians are making good use of former friends and foes.
- Joined by a common foe, Van Helsing and Anna set out to destroy Dracula along with his empire of fear.
- Friends and foes alike live in awe of his intellect and in fear of his directness.
- He populates his play with friends, foes, characters and incidents from Maclean's life and times.
- A misunderstanding turns the friends to bitter foes and a dangerous game of death begins.
- Not to detract from the Zelda experience were the enemies and foes along the way.
- He has been warned by friends as well as foes against overstaying, at the mercy of events beyond his control.
- The next few months will find us regaled by friends and foes at work and play, in print and on screen.
- Now, this seems to me would be the natural way of talking for both foes and friends.
- The struggle between friends and foes of liberty has in many ways been going on for thousands of years.
- The AI levels are high, even on the easier settings, and the enemies make for tenacious foes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.