In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for paper documents)carpeta feminine
- He had a bag in one hand and a thin, Manila file folder in the other.
- Right, he thinks with a grimace, clutching the folder in his hand.
- At the end of one session, our collages were placed on the drying rack and our remaining colors of paper were stored in our folders.
- He handed them a brown folder marked ' TOP SECRET '.
- My breath had been caught in my chest ever since she'd opened the folder containing the sketches.
- Russell's boss slid a Manila file folder across the desk.
- She had been carrying a rather large yellow folder with the brackets at the top, latching it closed.
- Some open the clear plastic folders containing their work and look over what they did in yesterday's class.
- The woman dropped a folder containing paperwork referring to Provident Personal Credit.
- Clarke pulled out a Manila file folder and handed it to Vaughn.
- In shock, Lisa dropped the folder in her hand.
- Dr. Anthony Monroe sat down in front of him, resting a brown folder on the table.
- These folders were used to store the sketch, tracing paper, felt, burlap and any other work in progress for the length of this lesson.
- The bell rang and I stuffed my loose paper into a folder as I threw the pen in a bag and grabbed all my stuff.
- President Heartslain threw to her a thick yellow folder with a 100-page report.
- How would you like it if he fiddled around in a folder named Anna's stuff?
- Happy Birthday, Rowena thought, trudging back to her desk with the folder under her arm.
- Butterworth produces a folder full of crayons, pastels, watercolours.
- He went over to a filing cabinet and pulled out a thick folder.
- His face looked weary and he was carrying a thin folder under his arm.
- The filter spits it into the junk mail folder and you never see it.
- As I was clearing out the email trash folder last week, this made me smile.
- So this morning I created a new folder called Reply.
- All suspect junk mail is sent in a new junk mail folder.
- The next step is to decompress the Administrative Update into a folder on your hard drive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.