In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(traditional)música folklórica feminine
- This is folk music with an Eastern tinge to it, done by musicians in the deep American South.
- Its tranquil moments convey a nostalgic yearning common to Japanese folk music.
- I was mostly an acoustic guitar player and I listened to a lot of folk music.
- Musically, the sextet mixes punk and ska with Klezmer and Eastern European folk music.
- I have never owned or been interested in folk music, except Woody Guthrie, who transcends it.
- In the band Franco played all types of music on the accordion from Russian folk music to Beatles hits.
- I guess, when it all comes down to it, I just want folk music to be around still.
- Scorcese managed to place the event in its true context by tracing Dylan's journey through folk music.
- And these different genres, like folk music and dance music, come out of that.
- When it all comes down to it, what I really want is folk music to still be around.
- With a few exceptions the Orchestra's entire repertoire is traditional Russian folk music.
- Folk music wouldn't be folk music without songs of political responsibility and social justice.
- The melodeon or German accordion is a single-action button accordion, very popular for folk music.
- The music accompanying the ballet will feature the style of Southeast China folk music.
- By its very nature, Irish traditional music is a folk music, simple and uncomplicated.
- No one does a better job transforming folk music into something special than Sadikova.
- Most anyone with an ear for the more deranged side of folk music will find something to like.
- There are no simple explanations for the remarkable transformation of Celtic music from folk music to world music.
- It's with that in mind that Sokel plays everything from dub and reggae to pop and folk music.
- What do we learn about the burgeoning folk music scene Dylan went on to define and later monopolise?
2(modern)música folk feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.