In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It starts off folk rock in feel, and builds up to a cosmic funk coda!
- Now there's something you don't see at every folk rock show.
- This may not be entirely surprising given that Britain's greatest folk rock band, Fairport Convention, came from Oxfordshire.
- From the opening track, the Waltons make a beat and hold it for a stirring hour of folk rock in their most recent album Liv.
- This is folk rock for people that don't like folk rock.
- The group's music cannot easily be sorted into a defined genre as their numbers have been influenced by blues, folk rock and jazz.
- The Byrds were eventually to develop the genre of country rock as they had invented folk rock years before, all under the leadership of McGuinn.
- Drifting from folk rock to retro surf music and into classic guitar rock 'n' roll, the Durga's sound captivates all who hear it.
- On balance, if you like folk rock, The Beta Band or Granddaddy, it's probably worth taking a chance on Tiger Flies.
- I have an eclectic taste in music, but with a particular fondness for jazz and folk rock.
- He defiantly uses his laptop computer to push his music career and keep his folk rock pure.
- This debut is full of feelgood tracks (none of which are particularly original) that will no doubt appeal to fans of country / folk rock.
- Like Beck he's not frightened of mixing bluegrass religiosity, slacker nonchalance or even English folk rock.
- Still, what the masses may have hated the music fan might appreciate, and in the history of folk rock, it at least deserves a footnote.
- Other local musicians taking part will be folk rock band Orum and songwriter/singer/guitarist Nathan.
- At McRory's on Easby Road on Sunday night you can catch some fine acts ranging from folk rock, cajun, blues, jazz and country rock.
- They weren't a real good guitar rock band, a real good folk rock band, and their experimentation leaves an entire list of somethings to be desired.
- To say the least, Jimmy, who brands the music as ‘folk songs with really loud guitars - heavy-metal folk rock,’ is stoked about the event.
- In the 1980s, Linda and her then husband, Richard Thompson, were the voices of British folk rock.
- Born in Buffalo in 1954, Case grew up squarely in the middle of the rise of folk rock and the continuing influence of the British Invasion bands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.