In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also hair follicle
1folículo (piloso) masculine
- Inside the gland, multiple follicle pouches join to form excretory ducts, which empty into the urethra.
- Then, a fluidfilled space develops, to form the antrum of a tertiary follicle.
- These drugs penetrate the follicle and sebaceous gland well and decrease colonization by P. acnes.
- Retention of the sebaceous secretions, and dilation of the follicle, may lead to cyst formation.
- Associated with the follicle are sebaceous glands and the arrector pili smooth muscle fiber bundle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.