In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More precisely, dip into the warm cheese fondue at Watergate Bay's Beach Hut in Cornwall after a morning's surfing.
- Cheese fondue is also fabulous with purple grapes and cut-up chunks of green apple.
- Pour fondue into the béchamel soup (still warming over the boiling water).
- The menu is large, with 100 items in addition to breakfasts and some fondues and a Swiss Raclette.
- In addition to some 60 cheeses, which are assembled for service each night, there are twelve different cheese fondues to share at the table.
- The pork fondue was chosen in an attempt to broaden the gastronomic horizons of a 75-year-old woman from Popovo.
- It was served, as was every dish save the fondue, with sides of red cabbage and rösti, that most delicious of Swiss dishes.
- Then there is a wide variety of bread and melted cheese dishes, one of which is the fondue.
- But it would make a good-sized fondue - a melted cheese pot with bread dipped in.
- For the tomato fondue, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil over low heat.
- The cheese fondue was seriously boozy and came with lots of chopped up bread for dipping.
- It can also be used in various recipes like nachos, fajitas, quesadillas and fondues.
- The second course is often a meat fondue, which is pretty different.
- Our meat fondue came with our choice of side dish, Caesar salad, rice pilaf and a baguette.
- The fish fondue is typical of the innovative cuisine on offer here from Cornish chef Nick Hodges.
- The head can be sliced into bite-sized pieces for fondue or shish kebab.
- Since most people love gooey molten cheese and because dipping and dunking is both convivial and fun, a cheese fondue is ideal.
- The fruit fondue is definitely worth trying with a special someone.
- Spoon a portion of the fondue on top of the asparagus and garnish with the basil leaves.
- Like cassoulet or fondue, this French dish has its many regional definitions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.