In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banco de alimentos masculine
- Our local church says their food bank empties out monthly.
- The Nunavut food bank is expanding its reach by including outlying communities in its second annual general meeting on Sunday.
- Work at a community food bank or soup kitchen as a family.
- She said that corporations would view a student food bank differently than a community food bank.
- Work on things to make life easier for students like free flu shots, the food bank and microwaves around campus.
- The food bank not only works for the greater Pittsburgh community but also works in it by reclaiming a brownfield site.
- Now entering its sixth season, the food bank offers one-time emergency grocery assistance to those in a tight financial position.
- They build low-income housing, run literacy classes, sponsor a food bank, and run emergency shelters and a childcare center.
- Some of these same farmers have themselves provided potatoes to the food bank for years.
- Running the food bank each month costs about $1,300, Komnick said.
- Streetlight also offers an art room, a food bank and drop-in hours.
- When guests arrive, they can drop their cans into a barrel, and you can make a donation to your local food bank - just in time for the holiday season.
- Most recently, she has been volunteering for the campus food bank and at a local bakery, which provides meaningful work for people with special needs.
- Like the drop-in centre for street kids, the community centre has a variety of programs, including a food bank and clothing for the poor.
- Oregon's whitefish trawl now sorts and counts salmon by-catch on the dock and freezes them for a local food bank.
- If you're overwhelmed with produce and cut flowers, take some to your local food bank, shelter or soup kitchen.
- Instead, the long lines are forming across the railroad tracks at the nonprofit food bank, Community Services Agency.
- At present we are involved in a food bank, a soup kitchen and twice a month we do a street run.
- Please do those food drives through your local food bank.
- If produce can't be sold from the warehouse it is given to the food bank; if inedible, it's composted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.