In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadena alimenticia femininecadena trófica feminine
- Taking a broader approach, what kind of impact will this have on the food chain and ecosystems?
- Many more cave critters die in the game because of the missing guano in the food chain.
- As these cattle entered the food chain they would have become a potential source of infection for people.
- Some enter the food chain through pesticides, pollution or leeching from plastic wraps and bottles.
- What makes you so confident that the silver iodide will stay out of the food chain and not affect the environment?
- Revolutionary changes are needed in the mechanisms that control the food chain.
- Most of this maize was probably used for animal feed and thus entered the human food chain.
- A huge hit to the base of the food chain should ripple up through fish and seabirds.
- The rejected meat is usually processed for pet food but can cause serious illness or even death if diverted back into the food chain.
- William believes that the stability of the family business is dependent on what goes on further down the food chain.
- It means that there is a lot less lead in water, in air, in the food chain and in wildlife.
- Then it was said to be contaminating the food chain and was a carcinogen.
- The press initially fingered Asian restaurants as a likely source of this pollution of our food chain.
- The higher up the food chain that one lives, the more collects in the body.
- Peregrines are top predators and can act as indicators of the quality of the food chain and of the surrounding environment.
- If the contamination had not been discovered the pigs would have been slaughtered for food and entered the human food chain.
- Having once penetrated the ecosystems, they remain for a long time in the food chain.
- It says farmers will only continue if they are assured others in the food chain are committed to providing them with a fair return.
- How healthy is the supply of green matter at the bottom of the food chain?
- If appointments continue to favour those at the top of the food chain, a great opportunity will be missed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.