In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1insensatez feminineestupidez femininelet's stop this foolishness — vamos a dejarnos de tonterías
- Galton was confident the figures would confirm his view of popular foolishness.
- To try to distil it through some intellectual process is foolishness.
- She prefers to take her time and to enjoy Harry's foolishness, watching from a distance, and that's exactly what she did.
- For all its foolishness, though, the Midas myth contains neither death nor destruction.
- The inevitable thoughts of his foolishness returned to him, no matter, how optimistic he tried to be.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.