In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiebre aftosa feminineglosopeda feminine
- Those tempted to scoff would do well to remember mad cow and foot-and-mouth disease.
- What if a feedlot were implanted with the virus causing foot-and-mouth disease, anthrax, or Mad Cow disease?
- As infections go, mad cow disease and foot-and-mouth disease don't have much in common.
- It remains to be seen if recent experience with BSE and foot-and-mouth disease will change the climate for real reform.
- It is important that it be able to act in a timely manner if there are problems to do with scrapie, mad cow disease, or foot-and-mouth disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.