In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apuesta colectiva femininepolla feminine Latin America
- Bermudians will still be able to gamble on horse racing, the football pools, in the bingo halls and on internet gaming sites.
- In can be the choice of breakfast foods, or the response of another in conversation, or a few dollars in an office football pool.
- I do not think you can resist that football pools order.
- I know what the football pools order is.
- Their problem is that in Israel, gambling is illegal outside the national lottery and the football pools.
- It's like watching someone else win the football pools.
- Many of them also bet on it through football pools, go to Sunday night parties and chat about the game with co-workers.
- Back in Boston, I used to supplement my income routinely winning football pools everyplace I worked.
- The competition was originally conceived in 1961 as a means to generate cash for football pools companies during the close season.
- You are short of money but you live in a house worth more than a win on the football pools.
- So, if you want to wear Vedette and aren't already minted, you better start doing the football pools.
- Even the abolition of football pools tax was done last time with the abolition of gaming tax.
- He's nothing other than a guy in the office who was asked to draw the grid for a football pool.
- A couple who won more than £1 million on the football pools after scraping together their last 80p are being sought for a winners' reunion.
- The very next day, after I began my 365 days of dull, boring existence, I almost got into a football pool, but I held out.
- The club's football pools fund raiser is proving very popular.
- The BBC article suggests there may be some inconsistency in the rules - football pools are out but lotteries are OK.
- The football pools fundraiser organized by Clonaslee Utd are now in the fourth week and are proving very popular.
- They sell t-shirts, have a football pool, and throw fund-raisers throughout the year.
- I lost interest in football for the most part, and didn't come back to it until I joined a football pool at the local deli a few years later.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.