In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An Afghan boy came to look curiously at my sports shoes, footwear Afghan women never wear.
- Proper footwear and a good pair of sandals with exposed toes, but no heel strap, is recommended.
- As far as developing your own brand of footwear, it's also a much heavier investment.
- For instance, in the United States demand peaks for footwear are in the first and third quarters.
- Any footwear which is kept in place by two toes should be condemned.
- Some years ago, in many countries, children's feet and footwear were x-rayed regularly.
- I am very particular about my footwear, and actually feel embarrassed by these shoes.
- When you start getting soggy feet, you know it's time to bin your footwear and get another pair.
- It was a waste of a good pair of shoes and nothing gets under my skin more than ill-used footwear.
- Women like me who arrived in kitten heels need sensible footwear and no one wants to smell bad.
- As an Italian, she held strong opinions on stylish footwear, and pulled a face at my shoes.
- The club advises that suitable clothing and footwear should be worn and rain proofs brought along.
- They are the timeless sneakers: relaxed footwear that is effortlessly stylish.
- It came along about the same time as this whole retro, cleaner footwear emerged.
- He found one man without any boots and asked him what had happened to his footwear.
- Sneakers are a good choice of footwear and walk with lots of drinking water!
- He was only a little bit taller now, around six feet if one didn't count his footwear.
- Faced with a wide range in footwear, the shoe we pick touches us in some way.
- Einstein himself would have been sent home to change, sandals without socks being his default footwear.
- It will weatherproof footwear, safeguard wounds, and soothe chapped lips.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.