In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fórceps masculinebefore noun forceps delivery — parto con fórceps masculine
- It is mandatory to avoid excessive traction on the foetal head during a forceps delivery;
- When the doctor comes he tells him that there are two options: a forceps birth or Caesarian.
- Here we review the role of forceps delivery in modern obstetric practice.
- Assisted vaginal delivery comprised both forceps deliveries and vacuum extraction.
- The research also called for better obstetric standards when using forceps and vacuums during deliveries.
- Finally, on the fifth day, I put my head out and there was a doctor with a large pair of forceps, which he slapped around my head, and pulled me out.
- If instruments are needed for the delivery, a vacuum extractor is less likely to lead to an episiotomy than are forceps.
- Yet, the comparative rate of intracranial hemorrhage is not statistically different when vacuum extraction, forceps delivery and cesarean section during labor are compared.
- I went with him to his clinic and there found on the operating table a lady whom they had tried, unsuccessfully, to deliver with forceps without anaesthesia.
- Episiotomy was invented to facilitate forceps deliveries and has continued mainly out of habit not necessity.
- In addition, forceps delivery was not the preferred method of many male surgeons or men-midwives in eighteenth-century Britain.
- Births are routinely induced and some would say that Caesareans or forceps delivery are unnecessarily common.
- The rate of forceps delivery was 12 percent with epidural compared with 3 percent with intravenous meperidine.
- A doctor told the court she did not want to waste time and had planned to carry out a Caesarean if the forceps delivery did not work.
- When she was born, weighing 4lbs 9oz, she had a mark on her forehead but Katherine was told that it was due to the forceps used during the birth and told not to worry.
- The greatest change was associated with forceps delivery.
- Also, I didn't want to come out, and was delivered with the aid of a pair of forceps.
- Research has also shown that women planning to give birth at home were less likely to have a Caesarean, or forceps delivery, even if they had to later transfer to hospital.
- When he was born, the doctor used a pair of forceps to remove him from his mother.
- The baby may have a mark on either side of his head, or even bruising, where the forceps have been.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.