1castillo de proa masculine
- ‘Heads’ was the name given to that part of sailing ships forward of the forecastle and around the beak which was used by the crew as their lavatory.
- This had enabled the crew to reach the fo'c's'le, bridge and engine room in the stern area, because when fully laden in heavy seas the San T's deck would have been awash.
- When I woke up, I was on my bed in the forecastle, the crew's cabin.
- The crew's quarters would traditionally be in the fo'c's'le, while officers would be quartered amidships and at the stern.
- After checking to be certain all was in order, he turned jauntily to the forecastle, where the crew had stowed the ex-prisoner on a spare bunk.