In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cubierta de proa feminine
- The easiest and safest passage to the foredeck is through the forward deck hatch.
- The foredeck, side decks and entire cockpit is molded as one component to avoid joints that can fail.
- If forced to raft up alongside another vessel, walk across the foredecks, not through the cockpits.
- They also share many of the drawbacks inherent in this class, including foredecks that could be a lot safer.
- A sail blows off the foredeck and a spinnaker drum jams so they can't jibe on the downwind leg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.